Data Scientist/Software Engineer
The Environmental Resilience Institute at Indiana University is hiring a Data Scientist/Software Engineer to provide data management and software engineering support for complex modeling systems on the high-performance computing environment. The successful candidate will provide support to researchers, including myself, conducting climate, vegetation, and hydrological modeling (e.g. ORCHIDEE, CLM) via software installation, customization, code development and/or upgrading modeling systems.
Full details and application here: https://iujobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/67957
I will soon be looking for a post-doctoral research scientist and/or scientific programmer (depending on the skills and interests of applicants) to work on reducing uncertainty in carbon cycle model projections. Strong programming skills are essential (preferably in Python and Fortran). Background in earth system or land surface modeling and data assimilation/Bayesian inversion is desirable but not essential. If you might be interested in this position, please send me an email with a CV and short summary of your research interests and experience.
Potential students and postdocs
I am always keen to hear from students and postdocs who are interested in working with me to study the impacts of climate and environmental change on terrestrial ecosystems. Please email me with a CV and brief statement of research interests and experience. The deadline for graduate student admissions in the Department of Geography at Indiana University is 15th December: http://geography.indiana.edu/graduate/admissions.shtml
Also take a look the opportunities to apply for funding below:
Note: to apply for the following opportunities you must already be enrolled in the IU Geography Graduate Program. For more information on how to apply for this program, please see this link.
– NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program: https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=6201&org=DGE&from=home and https://www.nsfgrfp.org (usually due in October)
– NSF DDRI: Geography and Spatial Sciences: https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=503621
– NASA Future Investigators in NASA Earth and Space Science and Technology (FINESST)-2019 New Proposals: https://nspires.nasaprs.com/external/solicitations/summary.do?solId=%7B913A7DEE-2747-6539-130C-0AB1E2322F42%7D&path=future&method=init
– Ford Foundation Predoctoral and Dissertation Fellowships: http://sites.nationalacademies.org/pga/fordfellowships/index.htm
– NSF International Research Experience for Students: https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=12831